Check this out!
Peach Pistachio Conserve
makes approx. 6 half-pint jars
I had so much fun creating this recipe in the summer of 2013! It was even more fun to bring a couple jars to a family gathering for taste-testing!
This flavorful conserve is delicious atop goat cheese, compliments Foie gras beautifully and makes an excellent addition to a Prosciutto and Pancetta plate. Enhance its flavors by sprinkling it with a touch of Himalayan sea salt prior to serving. The possibilities are endless and the flavors abound!
- 2 cups unsalted, shelled Pistachio nuts, chopped
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and finely chopped (approx. 8 peaches)
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Zest and Juice from 2 large Oranges
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp fresh gingerroot, grated
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp Canning Gel
Pistachio Prep: In the event you cannot procure unsalted nuts, place salted pistachios in a colander in the sink and rinse thoroughly until the salt has been removed. Simply pat pistachios dry before chopping.
- In a large stainless steel stock pot, combine all ingredients, less the Canning Gel, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir constantly to avoid scorching. Once at a boil, reduce heat and whisk in Canning Gel. Boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid scorching as the conserve thickens.
- Ladle hot conserve into hot jelly jars leaving a ¼” headspace. Remove any air bubbles and adjust headspace as necessary. Using a warm wash cloth dipped in vinegar, wipe jar rims and screw bands. Add sterilized lids and rings and hand tighten.
- Place jars in a water bather and cover with 1 inch of water. Process jars for 15 minutes. Remember processing time does not begin until the water is at a full rolling boil!
The Canning Diva®