Check this out!
Home Canned Ginger Carrots Recipe
makes approx. 6 quart jars
These delicious carrots make a wonderful side dish to compliment any dinner! If you are not a fan of ginger, you may season your carrots any way you’d like, or you may simply preserve them in water.
- 25 cups water
- 10 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 ginger root, peeled and minced or cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Add water to stockpot and bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Wash, peel, wash again then cut the carrots. We like round, half-inch thick pieces. Cut according to your preference. Many like half moon shaped pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon of minced ginger, or one piece of cut gingerroot, to each hot jar. Raw pack chopped carrots tightly into jars leaving 1 inch head space.
- Ladle boiling water over top of carrots, removing air bubbles being sure to adjust water level as needed to keep the 1-inch head space. Use the handle of a wooden spoon, or air bubble remover tool, to gently press down on the carrots to remove excess air. Add additional water if necessary, being sure to maintain the 1-inch headspace.
- Wipe rim with a warm wash cloth with a wash cloth dipped in vinegar, apply lid and ring. Hand tighten.
- Process quart jars in a pressure canner for 30 minutes at 10 pounds of pressure, or according to your elevation.
Diane, The Canning Diva