There is nothing more satisfying than using home-canned goods throughout the year – especially in the winter months when fresh produce is no longer fresh, it’s greenhouse grown or shipped in from God knows where!
Now, although I opened a can prior to winter (it’s over 100 degrees today in Michigan, by the way), I couldn’t help my desire to invite my Strawberry Salsa to dinner!! So here’s what I did…
1. Choose a lovely pork loin from your local butcher – size is dependent on how many mouths you have to feed with this meal.
2. Use a large Tupperware container with a lid and place the loin inside.
3. Using an Deluxe Marinade I, soak up plenty of juice from the Strawberry Salsa and inject generously throughout the loin. I purposely canned a pint of juice to use as a marinade.
4. After the juice has been injected throughout the loin, dump the remaining juice and salsa on top of the loin.
6. When grilling (this is my husband’s area of expertise), keep the flame heat right around 350 degrees.
7. In a spray bottle, mix apple cider vinegar and water using a 2/3 parts vinegar and 1/3 water ratio. Spray the loin liberally every 15 minutes to help retain its moisture.
8. Depending on the size of your loin, you will need to cook the meat until it has an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
Serve with a side of corn on the cob, a fresh garden salad and red skin potato salad! YUM!