- This event has passed.
Self-Sufficiency through Food Preservation at Bekins GR – 10AM
June 21, 2014 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
By taking some time now to store emergency food and water supplies, you can provide for your entire family. The Canning Diva® will teach you several methods of cost effective food preservation by way of dry and cold storage, home canning and dehydrating.
Where: Bekins Cooking School – Grand Rapids
When: Saturday, June 21st at 10AM
Cost: $55 per person – Bekins Cooking School Gift Certificates Welcome
This is a participative class where you can help prep foods we are using or you may simply relax and watch the hands on demonstration from start to finish.
Important Class Information
- BYOB!!! We have non-alcoholic beverages available, but you are welcome to bring a beverage of your choice – we have wine glasses.
- Classes start promptly at the scheduled time – so plan to arrive with enough time to settle in. Our front doors are locked at closing time (usually 6:00 PM). If you find them locked, please use the door to the rear of the building.
- You must sign up before the class date as registration closes on the morning of the class. Payment is required at time of registration.
- We cannot accommodate walk-ins, audits, or unpaid guests.
- Sometimes, we may have to cancel scheduled classes due to: insufficient participation, really bad weather, or other unspecified circumstances. In these cases we will notify you by email and phone and we will refund your payment.
- You may cancel your registration up to 1 week prior for an equal value class credit. No cash refunds for cooking classes unless canceled by Bekins. Cancellations within 1 week are not refundable, although you may have someone take your class reservation.
- Classes are designed for adults, however minor children over the age of 16 are allowed with an accompanying paid parent or guardian.
- You will receive a generous sampling portion of the dishes prepared.
- Most of the classes provide a hands-on opportunity if you wish. An apron will be provided for your use during class.
- Please let the chef know before class if you have any possible food allergies. We will accommodate you the best we can and advise you of any potential conflicts.