- This event has passed.
Personal Production Canning – Can Until Your Hearts Content 5:45PM
May 9, 2013 @ 5:45 pm - 10:15 pm$45.00
Personal Production Canning with the Canning Diva!
Until more fresh produce comes in-season, we are opening the facility to can whatever is on your canning list this time of the year. Feel free to bring what you may wish to accomplish within the 4.5 hours provided.
The Canning Diva and Facility Kitchens (a 2800 sq. ft. a commercial rental kitchen in Lowell, East on M-21-Fulton St) are teaming up to give West Michigan Canners an opportunity to can together! Canners will reap the benefits of a spacious commercial kitchen all the while having fun learning a new recipe their families will surely enjoy!
What to Expect: Canners will be given time and resources to crank out a plethora of the food of their choice for their personal consumption! Canners will need to bring their own ingredients and jars/rings/lids – however, Facility Kitchens will provide food prep and processing supplies, facility space and utilities and, not to mention, the Canning Diva will be onsite to share her knowledge while keeping production moving forward!
Important Production Canning Information:
- You must sign up before the class date as registration closes at 12:01 AM the day of the class. Payment is required at time of registration.
- Sometimes, we may have to cancel scheduled classes due to: insufficient participation, really bad weather, or other unspecified circumstances. In these cases we will notify you by email and phone and we will refund your payment.
- You may cancel your registration up to 1 week prior for an equal value class credit. No cash refunds for canning classes unless canceled by Canning Diva. Cancellations within 1 week are not refundable, although you may have someone take your class reservation.
- We cannot accommodate walk-ins, audits, or unpaid guests.
- Production Canning is designed for adults, however minor children over the age of 16 are allowed with an accompanying paid parent or guardian.
- We endeavor to make the Production Canning small, informal, entertaining, informative and fun. Feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences during the class.
- Each attendee is encouraged to bring enough ingredients and materials to produce as many jars of food for personal consumption as possible within the time allowed.
- We have non-alcoholic beverages available. You are welcome to bring a beverage of your choice – we have wine glasses.
- Aprons will be provided for your use during production.
- Production Canning start promptly at the scheduled time – so plan to arrive with enough time to settle in.