- This event has passed.
Fun with Asparagus at Ed Dunneback & Girls Farm Market – 6PM
May 29, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
It is Asparagus Season in Michigan!!! Join Diane Devereaux, The Canning Diva® as she teaches attendees how to have Fun with Asparagus! Learn how to preserve its freshness straight from the farm.
The Canning Diva® will teach a fun water bath recipe for all to enjoy as well as how to utilize the entire asparagus stalk to make a delicious soup. Waste not, want not and preserve it ta ‘boot!
This is a participative class where you can help prep foods we are canning. Aprons will be provided. Attendees may take home a jar of their delicious creation and a copy of the recipe.
- You must sign up before the class date as registration closes at 12:01 AM the day of the class. Payment is required at time of registration.
- Sometimes, we may have to cancel scheduled classes due to: insufficient participation, really bad weather, or other unspecified circumstances. In these cases we will notify you by email and phone and we will refund your payment.
- You may cancel your registration up to 1 week prior for an equal value class credit. No cash refunds for canning classes unless canceled by Canning Diva. Cancellations within 1 week are not refundable, although you may have someone take your class reservation.
- We cannot accommodate walk-ins, audits, or unpaid guests.
- Classes are designed for adults, however minor children over the age of 16 are allowed with an accompanying paid parent or guardian.
- We endeavor to make the classes small, informal, entertaining, informative and fun. Feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences during the class.
- Each attendee has the option to take home a jar of what is canned in class.
- You are welcome to bring a beverage of your choice.
- Most of the classes provide a hands-on opportunity if you wish. An apron will be provided for your use during class.
- Please let the Canning Diva know before class if you have any possible food allergies. We will accommodate you the best we can and advise you of any potential conflicts. We want to keep you healthy and happy so you can enjoy your night.
- Classes start promptly at the scheduled time – so plan to arrive with enough time to settle in.